Resistoflex® offers a complete line of plastic-lined large diameter pipe and fittings
Key features Include:
Mechanically bonded seamless liners
Excellent chemical and abrasion resistance
Liner thickness ranging from 0.125" - 0.450"
14" - 48" pipe lengths up to 20 ft
Large diameter vessel lining up to 161"
Single piece complex shapes
Rotational Lining is Well-Suited to Large Diameter Pipes and Fittings as well as Custom Configurations
Melt-processable resins such as ETFE (ethylene tetraﬂuroethylene), PP (polypropylene), and HDPE (high-density polyethylene), in conjunction with rotational lining, have allowed Resistoﬂex® a new freedom in producing lined steel piping products with custom or complex dimensions. These products are made with the same excellent Resistoﬂex® quality the industry has come to expect. This comes at a lower price than expensive metal alloys and with features that are superior to other lining and coating solutions.
We can supply your corrosion and abrasion resistant lining requirements for large diameters (up to 161" diameters), and we can line multiple configurations, including:
In fact, our capabilities are limited only by your imagination.
Rotational Lining is an Ideal Method to Line the Interior Surfaces of Complex Metal Fabrications
1. A pre-weighed amount of granular resin is placed inside the part.
2. With the ﬂanges sealed, the part is heated in a forced-air oven while being rotated on two axes simultaneously.
3. The bi-axial rotation transfers heat evenly to the part, until the resin's melt temperature is reached. As the resin melts, it uniformly coats the interior, regardless of the geometry of the fitting.
4. The heat is turned oﬀ, and the part continues to rotate as it cools, allowing the resin to set. The result is a seamless, heavy-duty plastic lining with available thicknesses up to 0.450", depending on the application.
5. Prior to shipping, all parts must pass an electrostatic test or hydrostatic test as required by ASTM F1545-15a Standard Specification for Plastic-Lined Ferrous Metal Pipe and Fittings.